Sobriety Checkpoint RESULTS - City of Goleta
Goleta - February 24th, 2014
As part of Goleta’s commitment to public safety, Goleta Police conducted a sobriety and driver's license checkpoint on Friday, February 21st. The checkpoint was held between 8:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m. at Los Carneros Road and Cremona Drive in the City of Goleta. This operation was one of many that have or will be conducted throughout the year in the City of Goleta. Here are the results of the checkpoint:
Vehicles Screened: 738
DUI Arrests: 2
Other Misdemeanor Arrest: 1
Driving without a Valid Driver’s License: 5
Driving on a Suspended Driver’s License: 1
Vehicles Impounded for 30 days: 1
Vehicles Impounded for 1 day: 4
Miscellaneous Criminal / Traffic citations: 13
· Majed Fahad Abdulihafeez (11-10-94) of Santa Barbara was arrested for driving without a valid driver’s license.
· Ivy Ollerton-Baker (10-03-93) of Carpinteria was arrested for DUI.
· Wiebin Ban (06-24-94) of Goleta was arrested for driving without a valid driver’s license.
· Rene Espinoza (09-15-90) of Oxnard was arrested for DUI.
· Noemi Hernandez-Garcia (11-16-83) of Goleta was arrested for driving without a valid driver’s license.
· Raphael Hopkins (02-19-78) of Santa Barbara was arrested for a $2,500 misdemeanor arrest warrant and for driving while his driver’s license was suspended.
· Tania Alvarado-Lorenzo (01-22-86) of Santa Ana was arrested for driving without a valid driver’s license.
· Chelsea Michelle Rogers (07-01-92) of Isla Vista was arrested for driving without a valid driver’s license.
This checkpoint was funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The City of Goleta contracts with the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Office for police services.
For Media Inquires Contact PIO Kelly Hoover
Business Hours: (805) 681-4100